Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I have so much to be thankful for everyday, but today I am most especially and fantastically grateful for my boys. They are a bubble of joy that bursts into my life every morning and refuses to pop even when they lay their tired little heads down at night.

Since Tanner hadn't been feeling well for the last five or so weeks, his demeanor had been less outgoing and smiley (which also happens when a person hasn't slept well in weeks and weeks). Within a day of surgery, you can see his usual self reemerging. He is laughing and dancing and Braeden is quite thrilled to have his little brother back, as well.

I'm thankful for the boys even when I leave the room for 23.7 seconds and come back to discover their "body art."

I'm thankful that Tanner finally let me give him a haircut (I thought I was going to have to start giving him a ponytail or braids every day for how long it was getting). Though I wouldn't think for a second to complain about those long curls.

I'm grateful that they have both taken such an interest in art. Particularly Braeden. The other day he got the watercolors out and began creating the most beautiful painting (I intend to print it and list it in my shop under his name). Yes, he watercolored the carpet in the process, which I think just makes him a true artist. ;)

I'm thankful to have boys that are happy and healthy and full of obnoxious amounts of energy. When I'm too exhausted to keep up with it, I can record it for others to enjoy:

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

High five Tanner!!! :) I'm sooo glad you feel better..giddy-up!

Val,Youve been through alot and I hope you' doing well. Thanks for posting your blog..I finally figured out how to add to my favorites! Precious pictures and this really shows how musch you love your guys!!

elizabeth said...

I sound drunk ...*musch??? LOL

Beadbug00 said...

Sweet ;)

Leah said...

I love body art! your boys are too cute, we have lots of body art at our place too!