Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My first Upcycled card


This is my first small attempt at an upcycled card. I love the idea of upcycled products, and plan to continue learning more and more ways to do them.

I got a present from a friend that was wrapped in this bright and fun flip-flop design wrapping paper. I wish I had taken a picture of the gifts before I opened them. She is the absolute best at gift-wrapping (an art I have not mastered- most people think I let the kids wrap our gifts!). I was in no hurry to open the gifts because the package itself was so darn adorable!
So I got an idea for her thank you card: I cut out some of the flip-flops, put them on cardboard (that would have otherwise gone in the recycle bin) that I cut in the same shape, used 3D mounting squares, and hand printed thank you at the bottom.

So it was handmade, upcycled, and personalized in a way.

No comments: