Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Keeping me busy


I haven't posted a new blog sooner because I've been a busy bee with special orders. Somebody contacted me about doing a picture frame for her, and that took much longer than expected! While it was a simple frame, it was detailed and took some time. She asked me to match the "Big Rigs" theme in her son's room.

Because I have learned from experience that too much detail takes away from the picture once it's placed inside the frame, I now do the frames a little simpler than I have in the past. But I do want to note very quickly that I do all of my own drawing free-hand and do all my writing by hand with paint pen. Some people have mistakenly thought I just used stamps, but I actually don't ever use stamps on my work. Here are some examples of other frames I've done:






I've also been working on some specially requested cards, but that is a post for another day. :)

No comments: