The first entry for the ACEO Extravaganza is in, and it is a beautiful one that I just cannot wait to share. The story is so very touching, you might want to grab a kleenex before you continue reading.
This aceo was created using the materials that were provided in the kit from my shop, adding only the yarn to the flower, the blue ribbon and the stickers.
The creator, Melissa, tells the significance of each piece of the aceo here:
* The butterfly--origami folded from a 2.5 x 2.5 square of brown floral paper, represents a free spirit
* The angel holding the rosary--punched from the scrap after trimming the butterfly paper, represents the angel assigned to Alex
* The rosary and "a" stickers are from my supplies--"A" is for Alex, the rosary is his
* The blue ribbon--we lost Alex on Sept 9, blue is September's birthstone color
* The heart is punched from the ACEO blank and mounted on the center of the letter "O" from the kit, will be used to attach a hanging hook
Melissa said that this aceo will hang on her Christmas Tree in memory of the dear baby that was lost to them, and will help to celebrate and remember the baby that was in their lives for a short time.
You can find more of her dear creations at catscradle.